Monday 27 October 2014

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

The Rosie Project (Don Tillman #1)The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I really wanted to like this book. Moreover, I really wanted to enjoy reading this book. Unfortunately, I felt let down.
I found the narration confusing and jumping too quickly from one scene to the next.
The main character, who also acted as narrator was boring, since he lacked the foils of secondary characters to make his social awkwardness funny. The secondary characters were too far removed from the recount of his experiences and seemed flat.
As the story progressed, the main character's actions and the events described became more and more puzzling.
I did not laugh or even smile once while reading this story, but it did rekindle my interest in watching the show The Big Bang Theory.
Perhaps I expected too much. It was a light read and I would suggest it, if one was in a light chick-lit type mood.

View all my reviews