Saturday 28 November 2015

Red Sonja, Vol. 1: Queen of Plagues by Gail Simone, Walter Geovanni & Jenny Frison

Red Sonja, Vol. 1: Queen of PlaguesRed Sonja, Vol. 1: Queen of Plagues by Gail Simone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

To set the scene imagine me waking up at 5 in the morning still suffering from the lovely jet lag that has been annoying me for almost a week. A few chores already done and breakfast had, sitting comfortable on my couch, my year-long Christmas lights giving the only illumination in the room as the night slowly turns to day.
This volume was a birthday present given to me just yesterday by my good friend, saying that might as well give a story about a bad ass red-head to his bad ass red-head friend. And bad ass it certainly was.
The artwork was great, very detailed and captured me right from the very first page.
Sonja was an interesting and compelling character to follow throughout this story and the plot unfolded nicely.
I appreciated the author's decision to include back flashes into the story to tell Sonja's past.
I only wished the story was a bit longer, otherwise, I am seriously thinking about continuing this series.

View all my reviews