Sunday 24 January 2016

The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey

The Girl with All the GiftsThe Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I am angry I paid money for this book.
I found the synopsis very misleading and made the book far more interesting than it actually was. Even the first two chapters held some hope for an engaging read that would justify the many positive and praising quotes that are plastered all over the front and back cover of the book until I realized that this was the highlight of the book.
It is very tiring when an author beats around the bush in an attempt to create suspense.
The plot is unoriginal and a bit boring, especially since the author feels no desire to establish a connection with the reader.
The characters are flat, could not hold my attention and it is impossible to identify with any of them.
Once in a while I do enjoy a story belonging to the thriller/horror genre, but this book really did not live up to any of the promises it made. I am aware that many readers truly loved this story, but it just wasn’t for me, I was hoping for more.

View all my reviews