Wednesday 1 March 2017

Dark, Witch & Creamy (Bewitched by Chocolate #1) by H.Y. Hanna

Dark, Witch & Creamy (Bewitched by Chocolate #1)Dark, Witch & Creamy by H.Y. Hanna
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was given this ARC by NetGalley in return for an honest review.
What better way to spend a rainy, chilly Friday than sitting all snuggled up reading a cozy mystery with so much character? I have read two other cozy mystery series and was in need of a change. I’m glad I found this little gem.
The plot is a murder mystery sprinkled with some witchcraft and decadent, delicious chocolate creations that made my mouth water and had me searching for a snack every twenty minutes. It was easy enough to follow, but kept the reader’s interest until the last page. I must say, this was one of few mystery novels I have read that managed to keep the pacing steady and intriguing throughout the entire story.
The characters were a nice mix that added to the overall charm of the story. The main character came across as slightly slow at times and the romantic interest was just too perfect with a dash of brooding. Nevertheless, the story was still cute and wonderful to read.
The writing was light with the perfect amount of detail to paint a clear picture without getting lost in the nuances.
Overall, this was such a pleasure to read and I’m hoping I can find the second book in this series quickly. I would recommend this book to anyone, who loves chocolate, witchy stories and cozy mysteries.

View all my reviews