Monday 27 October 2014

Our Sister Killjoy by Ama Ata Aidoo

Our Sister KilljoyOur Sister Killjoy by Ama Ata Aidoo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Unsure what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised how this short text piqued my interest. Considering the book is only 134 pages long and the story itself is divided into three shorter stories that evolve around the protagonist (and sometimes feel quite unrelated from each other), it was able to achieve depth of the character and a clear picture of the protagonist's experiences.
Having said that, at times I felt a bit left out, since various key pieces of information were not given and there were jumps in times and settings, which caused some confusion.
Overall, I appreciated the creation of a strong female character and insight into her perspective of European life.

View all my reviews