Thursday 21 May 2015

Dark Destiny (Dark Mirror #3) by Mary Jo Putney

Dark Destiny (Dark Mirror)Dark Destiny by M.J. Putney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The third and last book in this trilogy again contained more depth with respect to the secondary characters than the female protagonist, whom I have given up believing to be capable of developing at all. As I have said it is much more enjoyable to follow the secondary characters as they embark on their adventure, although I found the challenges that they had to face in this installment, and the solutions they found to those challenges, to be rather mediocre, compared to the challenges they had to overcome in the last two books.
I also found the romance between the protagonist and her male counterpart to contain a cheesy element that diminished my interest in their relationship instead of hoping for a happy ending.
All in all, this was still a very decent trilogy, the conclusion to which could have been slightly stronger, but it still worked for the most part. I would recommend this book and the entire trilogy to anyone, who enjoys lighthearted young adult fiction of the regency period with clean romance and a fair amount of magic.

View all my reviews