Thursday 21 May 2015

Dark Passage (Dark Mirror #2) by Mary Jo Putney

Dark Passage (Dark Mirror, #2)Dark Passage by M.J. Putney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What I really appreciate is the seamless continuation of the story without any fast forwarding or random flashbacks of years past since the conclusion of the first installment.
Everything continues to grow and develop, from the adventurous plot, the group of friends, the secondary characters to the explanation of the magic used. Everything except the protagonist. It saddened me to some extent that the character of the female lead almost remains completely stagnant as the secondary characters reveal greater depth, which, on the other hand, allows for more interest to be built between the reader and those secondary characters. As with the first installment, the protagonist seems to act only as an anchor to which the most important characters and their development are centered. Generally speaking, the protagonist remains naive and odious, and more than a few times during reading her inner most thoughts and feelings I could not help but roll my eyes in sheer annoyance.
Having said that, the plot is still worth the read, the adventure still makes up for one character's nuisance and I would recommend this book as I have recommended the first installment.

View all my reviews