Thursday 21 May 2015

The Caged Graves by Dianne K. Salerni

The Caged GravesThe Caged Graves by Dianne K. Salerni
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Caged Graves really is a very good story. Looking at the physical book the first thought that came to my mind was that it looked to be a rather short novel, the font of the writing was larger than I expected it to be as well as the spacing of the lines. As a whole, it felt and read like a short story with the added bonus of being longer, hence giving the reader more to enjoy.
It was a well-paced narration that followed the main plot without the -sometimes and so often seen unnecessary- sub-plots that take away from the quality and suspense of the main plot.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the main character's experiences as the story was written from her point of view. It felt sincere, authentic and honest, which made the reading experience exceptionally pleasant.
All of the characters were intriguing, multidimensional and mysterious. I had my suspicions about them, but I still enjoyed going along the journey of this story with them.
The paranormal and eerie elements gave the story a certain flair of gothic ambiance without being too overwhelming.
This story was a great mixture of mystery, suspense, paranormal and young adult romance. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone, who is in the mood for a light, but quality read featuring the aforementioned genres.

View all my reviews