Saturday 28 November 2015

Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule

Strange Sweet SongStrange Sweet Song by Adi Rule
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As an avid reader, I am always searching for new books to read with unique story lines and interesting characters. For quite a few months Goodreads kept recommending Strange Sweet Song and after reading the synopsis multiple times over these few months, I finally decided to purchase the book and give it a try. My hesitation stemmed from the fact that it involved music. I appreciate music just like any other person and my piano lessons are going splendidly; however, my last experience with voice lessons and specifically singing in front of other people really wasn’t worth an entry into my diary. Therefore, my slow approach to this story. Hence, my hesitation was not needed, since I loved this story.
The characters were mysterious, from the main character and her beautiful voice to her friends and instructors to the mysterious person that infuses the story with a gothic element that made this reading experience so much more enjoyable. All of them are well developed and richly created.
The writing was effortless, it flowed and takes the reader on a journey to this mysterious music boarding school with all its secrets. It was easy to get invested in the story and the protagonist’s adventure and struggle. It was quite beautiful.
The plot is unique and refreshing. After reading many YA novels, it is always great to come across a story that breathes fresh live into the enjoyment of reading.
Overall, this is a beautiful; hauntingly beautiful story that I enjoyed from the first to the last page and I cannot wait to read further publications of this author. I would recommend it to all, who crave a gothic infused story with great characters and a good mystery.

View all my reviews