Saturday 26 March 2016

The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich

The Dead HouseThe Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finished this book late last night and I have to admit it has been a while since I was too scared to leave my bed to get a glass of water. It was haunting, it was terrifying, it made me question the reality we call our own.
The unconventional way the author chose to tell the story of Kaitlyn and her descent into madness or maybe her sad story as she falls victim to something sinister added to the mystery and anticipation to reach the conclusion. A collection of diary entries, video clips and audio clips of interviews and treatment sessions help paint a greater picture of the characters and the situation they are in without any sense of bias.
It is impossible to comment much more on the story without giving something away that would diminish the skin crawling entertainment of reading this story. With twists and turns at every corner of this story the reader is plunged deeper into the web of Kaitlyn’s mind as it is entangled between reality and that which lurks in the dark just outside every person’s grasp of consciousness.
A bit gory, a bit gothic and a whole lot of haunting images that will stick with the reader long after finishing this story, it is one worthy of the Horror genre category. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone in search for a spine-tingling and richly developed story.

View all my reviews