Saturday 12 March 2016

The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy #2) by Sherry Thomas

The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I appreciated the change in narration style for the sequel of The Burning Sky. Although I did not mind the interchanging narration from both Iolanthe and Titus’ view point, this style can become repetitive after a while. Therefore, I was happy that the sequel was written from the third person point-of-view.
Having already been introduced to the two main characters, it was interesting to further witness their character development throughout The Perilous Sea. Having said that, I cannot see Iolanthe’s and Titus’ attraction for each other. It is the one point so far that has me shaking me head in disbelief at the lack of attraction between the two, despite the constant attempt by the author to make the reader believe that these two are romantically connected.
The plot is the continuation of the first book with a greater emphasis on Iolanthe and Titus’ relationship, much to my slight dismay.
The writing I found to be slightly toned back from the heavily classic influenced literary style of The Burning Sky, which made reading the sequel much easier.
As a whole this was a very good sequel compared to many other sequels I had to suffer through last year and it set the stage for the conclusion which I can not wait to read.

View all my reviews