Thursday 1 March 2018

Manga Classics: The Stories of Edgar Allan Poe

Manga Classics: The Stories of Edgar Allan PoeManga Classics: The Stories of Edgar Allan Poe by Stacy King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was given this title by NetGalley in return for an honest review.
The only Poe story I ever read was The Cask of Amontillado about 20 years ago, so I’m not that familiar with his original works. However, I enjoyed the collection of stories in this manga comic.
The artwork was magnificent and I appreciated the use of only black and white, which made the stories just that much more eerie.
As my first experience reading manga, I got the hang of it fairly quickly and finished the comic in one sitting.
Overall, I’m glad I found this collection and I would recommend it to anyone, who enjoys comics and retellings of classics.


View all my reviews