Wednesday 1 February 2017

Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher

Wishful DrinkingWishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I came across a list of Carrie Fisher’s publications and was able to find a copy of the audiobook of Wishful Drinking, narrated by Carrie Fisher. Usually, I’m not a fan of audiobooks, but I am very glad that I had the chance to listen to Carrie Fisher talk about her life, her struggles and make some pretty hilarious jokes.
I’m tempted to share some of her jokes, but I highly recommend you give her a listen. The heavy subjects she addresses are always spiced with sarcasm and, of course, her wit and her candidness about mental health and her own condition of being bipolar gives this short autobiography a degree of realism that speaks so closely to every listener and reader.
Overall, as I just mentioned above, it’s a wonderful piece of candid stories, wit and remarkable strength to go against the stigma of dealing with a mental illness and I highly recommend it to anyone.

View all my reviews